The West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) examination is a competitive exam conducted by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) for recruitment to various civil service positions in the state of West Bengal, India. The WBCS examination includes an optional subject paper, in which candidates can choose to write on a subject of their choice.
If you are preparing for the WBCS examination and have chosen geography as your optional subject, you will need to study from a suitable textbook to prepare for the exam. Here are a few books that are popular among candidates preparing for the WBCS examination and cover the geography syllabus:
- Physical Geography – Majid Hussain/Savindra Singh
- Modern Physical Geography – Strahler and Strahler (Optional)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong
- Physical Geography Made Simple – Rupa Publication
- Dictionary of Physical Geography – Penguin
- Evolution of Geographical Thought – Majid Hussain
- Economic and Social Geography Made Simple – Rupa Publication
- Models in Geography – Majid Hussain
- Dictionary of Human Geography
- Oxford Student Atlas
- India – A Comprehensive Geography – Khullar
- Regional Planning in India – Mahesh Chand
- India Year Book – Publication Division
- Yojana and Kurukshetra Magazines
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your preparation for the WBCS examination!
Visit IGNOU Forum for any IGNOU related queries.